- Data and Services
- Management & Structure
Management and Structure European Integrated Data Archive
To cope with new demands on data management as well as to further extend the services to the seismological community, ORFEUS revised its data archiving infrastructure and organization into a coordinated distributed data archive system. A major component of this is the formal establishment of the European Integrated Data Archive (EIDA), officially formed in 2013.
EIDA is organized and managed by the EIDA Management Board (EMB), which is in effect an ORFEUS working group. Under the mandate of the ORFEUS Board of Directors and Executive Committee, the EMB is responsible for the management of EIDA. Each EIDA node is represented in the EMB. The ETC (EIDA Technical Commission) operates under the EMB and guarantees EIDA operations. The EMB and ETC continually address challenges such as efficient data management, content metadata, quality maintenance, provenance, and access services in a distributed network of archives.
The nine primary nodes signed an MoU with ORFEUS in which they commit to providing continued access to the data in their archives.
Data archives technically connected to the EIDA system as defined by the EMB, but have not signed a formal agreement with ORFEUS are termed
secondary nodes. Secondary Nodes are supported by a primary node that guarantees their continued performance.
Becoming an EIDA node
European data centers willing to join EIDA should consult the application guidelines
and express their interest to the EIDA Management Board.
- EIDA Management Board
- EIDA Technical Commission
- Helle Pedersen, RESIF (Chair)
- John Clinton, ETHZ
- Angelo Strollo, GFZ
- Klaus Stammler, BGR
- Peter Danecek, INGV
- Ali Pinar, KOERI
- Alexandru Marmureanu, NIEP
- Reinoud Sleeman, ODC - KNMI
- Christos Evangelidis, NOA
- Javier Quinteros, GFZ (Chair)
- Luca Trani, Mathijs Koymans, ODC - KNMI
- Andres Heinloo, Peter Evans, GFZ
- Matthias Hoffmann, Erich Odon Muhire, BGR
- Daniel Armbruster, Stefan Heimers, Philippe Kaestli, Carlo Cauzzi, ETHZ
- Valentino Lauciani, Andrea Bono, Massimo Fares, INGV
- Costanza Pardo, IPGP
- Mehmet Ozer, KOERI
- Cristian Neagoe, Lucian Palangeanu, NIEP
- Gregory Arneodo, RESIF
- Nikos Triantafyllis, Kostas Boukouras, NOA