home > software > java applications
Last update: August 31, 2012
- Sun's Java site
- General information about Java, Java Tutorial (recommended),
Java Develoment Kits, Java Applets, etc.
- Java-Linux services
- with mirror sites for
Java Developer's Kit for Linux.
- Java Shareware
- JavaTM Applications, Applets, Classes, Servlets,
Beans, Development Tools and Java[tm] projects
- Java Software GNU project software.
- free software from the GNU project and other sources
- JARS, The Java Review Service.
- Ratings of Java sites and other useful information.
Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA)
- Object Management Group
- Consortium that aims at common standardswithin CORBA
Java Class Libraries and components
- FISSURES definitions
- Java Classes and CORBA interfaces for (earthquake) seismology,
as defined within the IRIS-DMC FISSURES initiative.
- Java classes and nl.knmi.orfeus*Java source
Java classes developed within the Java version of libslink (a SeedLink data exchange tool).
- Resource Geology Seismic Processing System for Java (JRG)
- A basic reflection processing package with graphics, 3-d and crooked-line capabilities, SEG-Y and
sound file I/O, and a friendly GUI that runs on any machine.
Author: John Louie.
- SeisFile is a library for reading and writing seismic file formats in java. See the wiki for more information. Authors contact: Philip Crotwell
- A Graphical User Interface for Interactive Ray-Tracing (rayinvr)
Authors: Jeremy Loss, Ingo Pecher and Uri Ten Brink
- The TauP Toolkit
- Flexible Seismic Travel-Time and Raypath Utilities. Popular program,
now with a interface for Java. Authors:
Philip Crotwell, Thomas Owens and Jeroen Ritsema.
- The seismometer applet
- Tutorial about the seismometer operation. Java Applet. Author:
- Java version of the popular PITSA program.
- Seismicity Viewer
- Demonstration of seismicity from different views. Java Applet. Author:
- Quake Data Merge Real Time Merged Catalog (QDM)
- receives earthquake summary information and additional text from
seismographic networks, eliminates duplicate and redundant information
reported by different seismic networks, and produces a composite
earthquake catalog. USGS software.
- Quake Data Distribution System (QDDS)
- a method for distributing earthquake data over the Internet in
near-real time using a structure similar to a classical client-
server system called a hub-leaf system. USGS software.
- Seismogram viewer (version 3)
- Visualisation and basic analysis of seismograms.
Applet and stand-alone configurations. Author:
- Interface to seismological databases. In development. Searching and display.
Jens Havskov and
- Quake Explorer
- Browser that allows you to rapidly explore, visualize and analyze
the latest earthquake events and associated seismic traces over
the internet. Author:
- Global Earthquake Explorer
- An education and outreach tool for seismology that aims to make it easy for
non-seismologists to retrieve, display and analyze seismic data.
It makes use of the Fissures/DHI for data delivery.
- Java SeedLink development
- Mainly the Java implementation of the libslink C-library for the data exchange protocoll
Author: Anthony Lomax
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Java Applet development of WSG for windows 95/NT written in Visual C++. Author:
- Resource Geology Seismic Processing System for Java (JRG)
- A basic reflection processing package with graphics, 3-d and crooked-line capabilities, SEG-Y and sound file I/O, and a friendly GUI
Author: John N. Louie
Digital seismology tutor
- Educational. Filters etc. in seismology. Author:
- Body_wave Modeling Applet
- Educational. Fault plane drawing and pP, sP reflection coefficients. Author:
Charles J. Ammon
- Virtual courseware for Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Educational. California State University, Los Angeles course ware. Earthquakes and Virtual earthquake
- java teach links
- Educational. Geophysical and Geologic java applets, movies, animations, articles, tutorials, class notes, etc.
maintained by Ken Dueker
- Open Seismic Hazard Analysis
- OpenSHA is an effort to develop object-oriented, web- & GUI-enabled,
open-source, and freely available code for conducting Seismic Hazard
Analyses (SHA). email-group
- OHAZ, Oriented HAZard.
- Computing probabilistic seismic hazard maps using a spatially-smoothed
seismicity approach. Platform: Java. Author: Barbara Sket-Motnikar.
- Volume Rendering Demo
- A dynamic user-controlled visualisation of several 3D models. authors:
LeRoy Dorman and Douglas Gehringer.
Also look at:
Java 3D Utility Code and
Java 3D API
- CREWES Interactive software
- Zoeppritz equation solutions, reflectivity, various representations of elastic interface data.
- Java Resources for Science and Engineering
- Mathtools.net, Scientific Java.
- Relevant links for scientists and engineers.
- a new, extensible standard for representing the semantics of mathematical objects.
- Java 3D Utility Code
- References to Java 3D utility classes and packages.
- Online Geoprocessor
- On-line Java-based GIS for geological, geophysical and seismological applications.
Author: Valeri Gitis and collaborators.
- Faster german mirror site
Poles and zeros
- Tutorial about poles and zeros. Relevant for characterizing instrument response.
Not updated since 1996.
- On-line DSP Java and other links.
- Maintained by the European Association for Speech, Signal and Image Processing (EURASIP)
- DSP Design Performance
- Digital Filter Design Applets plus DSP Tutorials and Code Segments.
Java Applets. Author: Jeffrey D Taft
- Educational. Web based Procedures, Tools & Strategies for Internet Based Engineering Education.
- Educational Java applets for Engineering Education
- Schrodinger wave equation simulation
- Graphical simulations for tutorial purposes. Java Applet.
- Signals, systems and control demonstrations
- Demonstrations of basic concepts in the area of signal processing. Requires
sometimes sound capability, often MatLab required. Fourier series, spectra,
convolution, sampling, poles and zeros, etc. John Hopkins University. Java Applets.
- Wavelet tutorial
- Educational. Rice University DSP.
- Acoustic software
- Educational Some educational java applets about waves (basic).
Author: Charles Nicholas Hill
- Physlets, Physics Applets, are small flexible Java applets designed for science education.
Maintained by Wolfgang Christian
- Neural Java
- Neural Networks Tutorial with Java Applets
- Virtual plates
- A few plate reconstructions and a collection of plate reconstruction links and images and movies.
Not maintained since 1998.
- Physik -Interaktiv III
- Educational A collection of Java Applets for physics.
on mistakes, suggestions, additions etc.