The continuous seismic waveform data from the Virtual European
Broadband Seismograph Network (VEBSN) are monitored at ORFEUS
Data Center (ODC) in various ways to ensure a high quality of
waveform data and metadata. The following monitors are in place:
- Power Spectral Density (PSD) versus time:
this near real-time monitor displays the PSD of the background noise as function of time,
for selected frequencies. Also the energy in two frequency bands is shown,
as well as the lowest PSD level at each frequency.
the details of our procedure.
To view the PSD
per network, go to the PSD-interface.
- Network Latency Monitor:
Monitors latency per network and 3 days history.
this near real-time monitor
displays the distribution of the PSD through a
Probability Density Function (PDF).
- Magnitude: histograms for magnitude
differences between station magnitude
and VEBSN magnitude.
- Time residuals: look here
for the time residuals distribution for
- Interface to all qc plots: here you can find all the available qc-plots using a single interface.
- Daily QC statistics: Browse basic quality data (e.g. standard deviation, number of gaps, data completeness) by date and channel.
For further information please contact
or any other ORFEUS staff member.
november 19, 2012